History of the first 10 years of Governors State University written by Dr. Ted Andrews, one of the founders of the university and the first dean of the College of Environmental and Applied Sciences.
Topics covered include
- Early History: Pre-Student Era
- Organizational Structures: Administrative Offices
- Physical Facilities
- Colleges and Schools
- Academic Programs
- Faculty and Students
- Governance Systems and Collective Bargaining
- Budgets: Operating and Capital
- Associations, Centers, and Special Offices
- Special Events and Activities
- University Publications
- Editorial Commentary
The content also includes a preface and two appendices. Appendix A includes brief GSU history profiles written by other administrators and staff. Appendix B provides additional information about the author, Dr. Ted F. Andrews.
Andrews, Ted F., "History of GSU 1969-79" (1980). University Anniversaries & Historical Documents. Paper 5.