Research Day is Governors State University's primary multi-disciplinary venue for the presentation of faculty and student research, scholarly, and creative work.
CALL FOR PROPOSALS
GSU Research Day 2020
Proposals due: proposals may continue to be submitted until further notice.
Follow the instructions below to submit to GSU Research Day 2020 Details on possible rescheduling and reformat of Research Day are forthcoming. Please check email and this page for updates. Research Day proposals must include at least one author/presenter who is affiliated with Governors State University as faculty, staff, or student. Undergraduate student research projects must have a Faculty sponsor.
In order to submit, please register for an OPUS author account at http://opus.govst.edu by clicking on “My Account”, or http://tinyurl.com/OPUS-Author .Then, navigate to GSU Research Day https://opus.govst.edu/research_day/ and click on “Submit Event” (left column).
Before submitting, please read all relevant policies and/or submission guidelines. Details on submission guidelines are on the submission form.
The submission process consists of the following steps:
- Author registration.
- Read and accept the Submission Agreement (on submission form) by clicking on “Accept” on the Submission Agreement page.
- Provide information about yourself and any co-authors
- Input your proposal information in the designated fields. No file uploads are requested at this time. Presenters are strongly encouraged to upload PowerPoint, MS Word, and additional presentation materials at a later date for public distribution on OPUS.
Before you begin, please be sure you have the following items:
- Title of the presentation
- Names of presenter/panelists/author/coauthors. Optional: Enter email addresses for co-authors and participants.
- Type of presentation (Poster session, Paper, Panel, Poster session)
- For Paper and Panel presentations, length of presentation (30 minutes, 55 minutes). For Poster sessions, enter the preferred poster session times (Morning, Afternoon, Early Evening).
- The abstract or description of the proposal (up to 250 words)
- Select the Digital Commons Discipline (subject) and/or:
- Enter GSU Discipline or academic Major or Program.
- If applicable, identify GSU grant (Intellectual Life, Student Life, Travel, Equity, University Research, Undergraduate Research, other sponsor list)
- For undergraduate research, name of Faculty sponsor(s).